James J. McGovern, III, Partner in the firm’s Newark, New Jersey office, is Director of the Labor Law Practice Group.
His legal practice is concentrated exclusively in the area of Labor and Employment Law on behalf of management. Mr. McGovern has extensive experience in handling labor matters in healthcare, construction, transportation, manufacturing and other industries.
- Served as labor counsel for the sale of multiple hospitals in New Jersey, advising clients on WARN Act issues, consolidation of bargaining units and hospital closures
- Served as labor counsel to the State of new Jersey from 2002-2010, during which time he negotiated, on behalf of the State, labor agreements representing over 50,000 State employees
- Serves as labor counsel for large developer and property owners in negotiating project labor agreements with the Building Trades to provide for cost efficient construction
He is a member of the Executive Board of the Labor & Employment Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association, and is a member of the Program Committee for the Public Employment Relations Commission Section of the New Jersey State Bar Association.Mr. McGovern is also a Board Member of the Enright Melanoma Foundation.
Since 2006, Mr. McGovern has been listed in New York Magazine's Best Lawyers in Labor and Employment Law. In 2010, he was recognized in New Jersey Monthly Magazine by Super Lawyers in Employment & Labor Law.
Mr. McGovern received his Juris Doctor degree, cum laude, from the New England School of Law, and his baccalaureate degree from Seton Hall University in 1985.
- New Jersey and U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1989
- New England School of Law, J.D., 1989
- Seton Hall University, 1985