Gina M. Schneider, Counsel in the Firm’s Newark, New Jersey office, is a member of the Labor Law Practice Group and concentrates her practice in Employee Benefits & Executive Compensation.
Ms. Schneider concentrates her practice in labor and benefits law. She represents management in public and private labor arbitrations and proceedings before PERC and the NLRB, including unfair practice proceedings and elections, and counsels employers regarding compliance with state and federal labor laws. Ms. Schneider also advises employers on a variety of aspects of employee benefits law, including the structuring and implementation of retirement plans and welfare benefit programs and ERISA and tax code compliance with respect to such plans.
- Assisted corporate and non-profit employers in structuring non-qualified deferred compensation plans compliant with Sections 409A and 457(f) of the Internal Revenue Code.
- Advised and represented employers facing claims of pension withdrawal liability under the Multiemployer Pension Plan Amendment Act.
- Counseled plan sponsors regarding health and welfare benefit plan design and compliance issues, including compliance with the Patient Protection and Affordable Care Act (PPACA), COBRA and HIPPA.
- Drafted, amended and submitted pension plans to the Internal Revenue Service for favorable determination.
- Advised developers and construction companies in connection with negotiating and implementing project labor agreements with the Building and Construction Trades Councils in both New York and New Jersey for large scale construction projects in the Metropolitan area.
- Negotiated collective bargaining agreements on behalf of private employers, including non-profit entities.
Ms. Schneider earned her Juris Doctor degree from Seton Hall University School of Law in 2006. In 2003 she received a Bachelor of Arts Degree and a Bachelor of Science Degree, cum laude, from Rutgers University – New Brunswick. Following law school, Ms. Schneider served as a law clerk to the Honorable Melvin L. Gelade, Superior Court of New Jersey.
Since 2013, Ms. Schneider has been recognized in New Jersey Monthly magazine by Super Lawyers for being named to the New Jersey Rising Star list in Labor and Employment Law.
- New Jersey, 2006
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 2006
Rutgers University – New Brunswick, B.A., B.S., 2003, cum laude