Jennifer Borek is Chair of the Procurement Law, Government Contract Compliance and Bid Protest Litigation Practice Group and Partner in the Complex Commercial Litigation and Construction Law & Litigation Practice Groups.
Since 2007, she has been recognized in New Jersey Monthly as a Rising Star in Employment Litigation Defense. Ms. Borek was recognized as a Super Lawyer in 2016 and 2017 and was listed as one of the Top 50 Women lawyers in the State of New Jersey in 2016. She is also a Fellow of the Litigation Counsel of America, a Trial Honorary Society. Ms. Borek is a member the American Bar Association, New Jersey Bar Association and the Federal Bar Association of New Jersey. She is also a Trustee for the Women in the Profession Section of the New Jersey State Bar, a member of the Commercial Litigation Committee for the New Jersey State Bar, and serves as the Women’s Leadership Committee Co-Chair for the New Jersey Women Lawyer’s Association.
- Second chaired a three-week trial, defending an individual employee of the New Jersey Board of Public Utilities against claims filed under the Conscientious Employee Protection Act. After a hung jury, successfully moved for dismissal of the case notwithstanding the verdict.
- Successfully moved for preliminary injunctive relief in the United States District Court, District of New Jersey, to enjoin the State of New Jersey from implementing and enforcing an amendment to New Jersey’s Unclaimed Property Act, which would require the escheat of unused balances on Gift Cards to the State. After successfully defending against the State’s appeal to the Third Circuit, successfully opposed the State’s petition for Certiorari to the United States Supreme Court.
- Member of the team representing Devils Renaissance Development with regard to its construction and contract dispute over the development and management of the Prudential Arena in downtown Newark, which resulted in an award by a panel of three arbitrators in favor of the Firm’s client.
- Successfully litigated many types of employment discrimination lawsuits on behalf of corporate employers, including obtaining dismissals through summary judgment.
She received her degree of Juris Doctor from Seton Hall University in 1997, and her bachelor’s degree from Wake Forest University in 1993. She served a clerkship with the Honorable Peter B. Cooper, J.S.C., Essex County, Chancery Division.
- New Jersey, U.S. District Court, District of New Jersey, 1997
- New York, 2000
- U.S. District Court, Southern District of New York and Third Circuit Court of Appeals, 2006
- US Supreme Court, 2012
- U.S. District Court, Eastern District of NY, 2013
Seton Hall University School of Law, J.D., 1997
Wake Forest University, B.A., 1993